The US Army is reinforcing its military bases in northeastern Aleppo and northern Raqqa despite US President Donald Trump’s controversial call for his nation’s armed forces to pull out from Syria.
The London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported on Saturday that a US military convoy comprising 150 military and armored vehicles as well as logistic equipment of the US-led coalition forces moved towards al-Jalbieh Base in northern Raqqa and another base in Ain al-Arab (Kobani) in northeastern Aleppo.
The SOHR dismissed media reports that the US Army withdrew from part of its troops from Syria on Friday and said the US military bases in eastern Syria and along the Iraq-Syria borders are only witnessing the replacement of troops.
The news comes as the US-led anti-ISIL coalition forces Spokesman Sean Ryan said on Friday that the US Army has started the withdraw from Syria.
In a similar report last Monday, the SOHR said the US had dispatched hundreds of military trucks comprising weapons and military equipment to Deir Ezzur province in Eastern Syria since President Donald Trump declared his decision to withdraw troops from the country.
The SOHR said that a military convoy comprising a sum of 150 trucks carrying cars and logistic military equipment has been dispatched to the regions under the control of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) especially on Eastern Euphrates from the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.
The SOHR noted that it was the third US military convoy sent to Syria after Trump’s decision on the exit of the American troops from Syria, and said that a total number of 500 trucks containing weapons and military equipment have been dispatched to Eastern Syria so far.